Although the All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid has only recently become available for purchase or lease, the innovative hybrid minivan from the Chrysler Brand is already making waves: Editors at Wards Auto have named its engine, the 3.6L Pentastar® V6 hybrid propulsion system, one of the ten best for 2017.
“We’re extremely proud that Wards has recognized our newest solution to hybrid propulsion technology on their 10 Best Engines list,” said Bob Lee, Head of Engine, Powertrain and Electrified Propulsion, and Systems Engineering, FCA – North America.
As the driving force behind the All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, the 3.6L Pentastar V6 hybrid propulsion system helps the minivan achieve a remarkable fuel-economy rating of 84 MPGe*, reflecting its combined city- and highway-cycle performance in electric mode only. The all-new hybrid vehicle from the Chrysler Brand also excels on two other efficiency fronts, realizing a total driving range of 566 miles† and an electric-only range rating of 33 miles‡.
In the 22-year history of Wards 10 Best Engines, eight engines produced by FCA US LLC and its predecessor companies have accounted for 17 awards, including the following:
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 hybrid (new Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid): 2017
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 (Ram 1500): 2014-2016
- 6.2L SRT® Hellcat supercharged HEMI® V8 (Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat): 2015
- 83kW electric motor (FIAT® 500e): 2014
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 gasoline (Dodge Avenger, Chrysler 300S and Ram 1500): 2011-2013
- 5.7L HEMI V8 (Dodge Charger R/T, Chrysler 300C, Dodge Challenger R/T and Ram 1500): 2003-2007, 2009
- 5.9L Cummins turbodiesel I-6 (Ram HD): 2004
- 4.7L SOHC V8 (Jeep® Grand Cherokee): 1999
The All-New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is now available for purchase or lease. Order yours at a BusinessLink dealership near you.
* EPA-estimated miles per gallon of gasoline equivalent (MPGe). Actual mileage may vary.
† Based on EPA estimated 33-mile EV range, 32 combined city/highway mpg and 16.5-gallon fuel tank. Actual mileage may vary.
‡ EPA estimate with fully charged battery. Actual mileage may vary.