The accolades a brand earns can help paint a picture of that brand’s overall performance from year to year. That a well-informed, well-respected group like the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) would recognize the Chrysler Group LLC with 15 of the 24 awards given out recently at the 21st Annual Texas Truck Rodeo says a great deal about the quality, capability, and performance of Chrysler Group vehicles, relative to the competition.
“The Ram, Jeep and Dodge brands from Chrysler Group clearly impressed our TAWA members at this year’s event, said Michael Marrs, TAWA president. “There’s no doubt that innovative powertrains, impressive designs and new technologies are paying off for these brands.” A total of 63 pickups, SUVs and crossover vehicles were entered in this year’s rodeo.
Especially significant awards this year include a second consecutive “Truck of Texas” title for the Ram 1500. Not to be outdone, the Jeep Grand Cherokee took home its fourth “SUV of Texas” in as many years, while its compact counterpart, the all-new Jeep Cherokee, was named “Compact SUV of Texas” in its first head-to-head vehicle competition. The Dodge Durango, revamped for 2014, capped it all off with the award for “Full-Size SUV of Texas,” its second such title in three years. Following is the complete list of awards earned by the Chrysler Group LLC:
- Truck of Texas: 2014 Ram 1500
- SUV of Texas: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Full-Size Truck of Texas: 2014 Ram 1500
- Heavy-Duty Truck of Texas: 2014 Ram 2500
- Luxury Truck of Texas: 2014 Ram 1500
- Commercial Vehicle of Texas: 2014 Ram ProMaster
- Truck Line of Texas: Ram Trucks
- Compact SUV of Texas: 2014 Jeep Cherokee
- Full-Size SUV of Texas: 2014 Dodge Durango
- Mid-Size SUV of Texas: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Luxury Mid-Size SUV of Texas: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
- Off-road Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
- Best Powertrain: Jeep/Ram 3.0L EcoDiesel
- Best Connectivity: Chrysler Group Uconnect
- Best Technology: Ram 2500 five-link coil rear suspension
Chrysler Group appreciates the consideration given its vehicles by the 40 TAWA members who cast their votes following two days of on- and off-road evaluations. We thank the members for these awards, and we make a promise to our vehicle owners that the same effort and attention to detail that went into creating these award-winners will continue well into the future.
Stay tuned to The Working Blog for continuing coverage of the Chrysler Group’s award-winning vehicles, powertrains and other vehicle features. Or visit your closest dealer to experience, firsthand, what all the fuss is about.